This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and it's advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeHealthyForEveryPartOfLife #CollectiveBias
With Charlie Beth due to arrive any day now, I've been doing a lot of research on what to keep in the diaper bag while we are out and about. My baby shower hostesses gifted me the perfect diaper bag, and I can't wait to put it to use! Right now the diaper bag is packed for the hospital and sitting next to the door ready to go, but after we get home and settled I plan to repack it with these eight things below.
1. Diapers + Wipes - This is the obvious first thing that comes to mind when you think about packing a diaper bag. The key is to pack enough diapers so you're fully prepared for any unforeseen blowouts that could occur while you're out running errands with your baby.
2. An Extra Outfit For Baby - Because babies are messy! You can't predict exactly what they are going to do next. Whether it's a blowout in the back or spit up down the front, bodily fluids are bound to ruin an outfit or two during the worst possible time.
3. Thin Blanket - I can already tell that these Aden + Anais Muslim Swaddles are going to be my go-to blankets. I received a few at my baby shower, and I love them! They are so thin and soft. They are the perfect blanket to throw in the diaper bag to keep baby warm, use as a nursing cover, or throw over the car seat to keep wind or sun (and strangers!) away from the baby.
4. Cold + Flu Season Emergency Kit - I'm not going to lie. Having a newborn during cold and flu season seriously freaks me out. I've already preached the importance of the whopping cough and flu vaccine to our family members and asked each of them to make sure they are immunized before the baby is born. On top of the immunizations, I am prepared to carry about cold and flu season emergency kit in the diaper bag. This kit is complete with plenty of hand sanitizer, Kleenex, and Emergen-C Immune+ Chewables for immune support. When Charlie Beth gets a little older I will include Infant's Advil in our emergency kit as well to quickly soothe teething pain and fever. Infant's Advil provides up to 8 hours of fever/pain relief with just one dose.
6. Makeup Basics For Mom - It's silly to think that as a new mom I am always going to have time to put on a face full of makeup, but I do know that I will feel much better about myself if I can swipe a bit of blush and mascara on my face. With winter on the horizon, I will also make sure I have ChapStick Total Hydration thrown in the diaper bag to keep my lips smooth and moisturized for all those baby kisses! I love that ChapStick Total Hydration is 100% natural!
7. Nursing Supplies - I don't plan to keep a nursing cover in the diaper bag because it feels like a waste of space, but I do have a tube of Lanolin on hand for me, especially during those early days of breastfeeding.
8. Extra Pacifier For Baby - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Charlie Beth will actually take a pacifier. According to my mom, I wouldn't take one as a baby. I plan to introduce a pacifier to Charlie Beth as soon as we perfect the latch while breastfeeding. If she takes to it, I'll make sure I always have an extra one on hand. I've heard those things have a way of disappearing at the worst possible times!
Am I leaving anything out? What are your diaper bag essentials? You can find Emergen-C Immune+ Chewables, Infant's Advil, and ChapStick Total Hydration at your local Walmart in the pharmacy section. Make sure you stock up before cold and flu season hits!