I can't believe that I am entering into my third and final trimester of pregnancy this week. It seems like I just found out that I was pregnant, and here we are now with less than three months to go before we meet our baby girl! I truly expected these nine months to slowly creep by as I anxiously awaited the arrival of our baby, but it's been the exact opposite. I blinked and another month has already passed. November will be here before we know it!
As I say goodbye to my second trimester this week, I thought it would be helpful to share a few things that have gotten me through these past thirteen weeks. Every woman and every pregnancy is different. What worked for me won't necessarily work for you, but here a few basic things that I believe every pregnant woman should invest in.
1. Bumpnest Pillow - I purchased my Bumpnest during the first trimester, but I've really begun to appreciate all it has to offer within the last several weeks. I'm not naturally a side sleeper, so making the transition to sleep on my side at night hasn't been an easy one. The Bumpnest definitely helps keep me on my side while also easing my hip and lower back pain.
2. Maternity Leggings + Tank Tops - This is basically what my maternity wardrobe consists of these days. It's so easy (not to mention comfortable!) to throw on a pair of maternity leggings in the morning with a maternity tank, kimono, and cute sandals. If I'm feeling extra wild and crazy I'll put a belt over my bump tying the whole outfit together. I imagine as the weather cools down I'll trade in my sandals for boots and kimonos for sweaters, but the basic tank and legging is probably here to stay, even after I give birth.
3. Tums - One word, heartburn! A lot of women don't experience heartburn until later in the pregnancy, but I've been experiencing it since the day I found out I was expecting. I have a pack of Tums in my purse so I can easily access them whenever I feel like I am about to blow fire out of my mouth.
4. Palmer's Coco Butter Lotion - I know that stretch marks are genetic, so it was inevitable that those pesky marks were going to show up on my belly sooner or later. I saw my first stretch mark about a month ago, and since then I have been lathering this stuff on my stomach, hips, booty, and thighs at least twice a day.
5. La Croix - Staying hydrated is so important during pregnancy. I try to drink water throughout the day at work, but after a while I just can't handle it anymore. I need something with a little flavor! La Croix has been my go-to drink for the duration of my pregnancy, and I've found them especially refreshing during these hot summer days. My favorite flavors are Passionfruit and Pineapple Strawberry. So delicious!