1. Catch up on all your favorite shows. I'm talking the ones that he really hates to watch. In my case that would include The Bachelor, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, 19 Kids And Counting, and Sex and the City. You know, the classics.
2. Eat all the food that he doesn't like. These would be the foods that my husband likes to classify as "girly." Basically if it doesn't include meat, it's considered girly and not a real meal. Also, go ahead and finish off the bag of Starburst jellybeans while you're at it!
3. Sleep on his side of the bed. Or better yet, sleep sideways and take up both sides of the bed. Who knew that I could successfully take up both sides of our king size bed? I know the dogs enjoyed spreading out as well.
4. Sleep with the heat turned up high and the ceiling fan turned off. Savor the few nights that you are able to sleep without a comforter, blanket, and long sleeves because your hot nature husband is out of town.
5. Take a really long bubble bath. The ones that you normally can't take because you bought a house that only has one bathroom. When the husband is home I'm usually safe to sneak off for a 30 minute bubble bath, but a minute longer and I'm liable to be interrupted by my husband banging on the door telling me he has to use the bathroom.
6. Call your girlfriends over for an impromptu wine night. By night number three you are probably starting to get lonely, so what better way to end a few days home alone than inviting your best gal pals over for a night of wine and juicy gossip?!
Of course, once you've marked these off your list you will most likely be more than ready for your husband to return home to you. I know I sure was! Even with the two dogs under my feet at all times, the house still felt very quiet and lonely without him. I have to say though, I did appreciate watching The Bachelor live this week! Other than that, living alone wasn't as fun as I remembered it being back in my single days. I missed my husband!